Online course: Integrate gender into your scientific research
This news is redirected by The Secretariat for Development Cooperation at SCIENCE from SciDev.Net.
Becoming more gender-aware in your scientific research will maximise your impact and global reach. This new FREE online course will help you understand why reflecting gender awareness is so important. The implications for science and global policy agendas are explored, including the climate change agreements and the Sustainable Development Goals. This course draws on a wide range of practical examples and provides activities to build your competence wherever you may be doing your research.
Your instructor will be Alyson Brody, Senior Gender Convenor at Institute for Development Studies at the University of Sussex.
The course is aimed at researchers and students in life and natural sciences. You will learn:
- What we mean by integrating gender into research
- Why integrating gender into scientific research is so important
- What integrating gender means for different areas of science
- How to integrate gender for better research quality and impact
- Basic advocacy methods for ensuring your research informs wider global agendas such as the Sustainable Development Goals
- How to ensure your research has maximum impact and contributes to change
The course draws on a wide range of examples, and provides activities which enable you to put what you are learning into practice.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Enroll in course (free) and find the class curriculum here.