Nominate the Agrofood Broker of the Year
This news is redirected by The Secretariat for Development Cooperation at SCIENCE from the Knowledge4food website.
The nominee should have contributed significantly to FNS through a leading role in processes of joint knowledge development exchange and/or use. For example by facilitating innovative knowledge development or ensuring demand articulation from policy and/or practice; or by composing synthesized knowledge overviews, practical recommendation or guides that were used, discussed and shared with (local) stakeholders. All in all, the nominee is someone who bridges different sectors in the field of FNS through connecting, improving, sharing and implementing knowledge and innovations. This professional could be working in the private sector, academia, civil society or policy.
Everyone can send in suggestions for a nominee by completing this form online or below. End October 2017 three final candidates will be appointed by a jury consisting of members of the F&BKP/NWO-WOTRO network. During the month of November the public can vote for one of the three final candidates via an online poll created by the F&BKP. The three finalists will be present during the Food & Business Research – Policy Dialogue Conference on December 1, 2017 in The Hague and the jury will announce the winner and award the price.
For the selection of the Agrofood Broker of the Year, the jury will take several aspects into consideration. The nominee should:
- Link people and organizations with relevant knowledge to improve knowledge;
- Organize processes to co-create knowledge;
- Improve research uptake;
- Translate knowledge into practice and/or policy;
- Connect research and policy/practical actors to fine tune and improve their activities;
- Stimulate the use of knowledge;
- Focus on the field of food and nutrition security and poverty reduction;
- Highlight relevant new knowledge developments, or deepens current knowledge;
- Support the articulation of future knowledge questions;
- Broker innovative, inspiring, cutting-edge and/or unusual knowledge.
Please complete the form at the Knowledge4food website.