Internship with DDRN – Spring 2020
This news is redirected by SCIENCE from DDRN.
Do you want to sharpen your skills as a science journalist working with the Sustainable Development Goals?
Danish Development Research Network (DDRN) is currently mapping research on sustainable development by researchers from the Global South studying and working in Denmark, and by their Danish host institutions. DDRN research communication performs critical reviews, encourage open access, and supports knowledge networking.
Danish Development Research Network (DDRN) is a non-governmental organization. Membership is open to researchers, students, aid practitioners, consultants, private and public entities and others who are involved in the generation, communication and application of knowledge to support sustainable development in the Global South countries.
DDRN is seeking Research Communication Intern(s) for 3 to 4 months during the Spring semester 2020.
We are looking for someone studying communication, sustainable development, international development cooperation, or any other scientific field contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Even better, surprise us with something completely different in your background that you still strongly believe qualifies you for the position as an intern with the DDRN.
DDRN’s main communication language is English, and you must have very strong skills in written English. Proficiency in the Danish language is not a necessity.
You will work within one or more of these areas:
- Document research supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals conducted by Global South researchers visiting Danish host universities
- Map research of Danish host universities, NGOs and private sector knowledge communities with potential to support one or more UN SDGs in Global South countries
- Review current public programs and practices for research capacity building in Global South countries
The internship offers the opportunity to:
- Develop and sharpen your skills in science journalism
- Gather extensive practical knowledge in development and communication
- Join an extensive network of academics and science journalists in Denmark and in Global South countries
- Possibly work with various DDRN projects, where the intern will develop project support skills
Previous interns have taken the opportunity to contribute to current DDRN newsletters and agendas, with their own ideas and approach. DDRN can, therefore, offer you the chance to think critically, and creatively, and to discover your own capabilities within the field of sustainable development.
The internship is unpaid, but if you are eligible for SU and will have your internship credited as ECTS points at your institution of study, you will continue receiving SU in the duration of the internship.
Workplace: Dronningensgade 14, 1420 Copenhagen K. (Christianshavn).
The offices of DDRN are shared with a range of other non-governmental organisations. Thus, an opportunity to network and meet practitioners within the field of international development is offered.
Send your application to Editor-in-chief Arne Wangel, PhD, Member of the Board of the Danish Science Journalists’ Association, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 November 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Mød os på: