Contest: Exploring Synergistic Solutions for Sustainable Development
This news is redirected and translated by The Secretariat for Development Cooperation at SCIENCE from Climate CoLab.
This contest asks the international community to combine real-world proposals and share how they can achieve multiple Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with an emphasis on maximizing synergies between proposals while minimizing the trade-offs that can occur when trying to achieve a broad range of Sustainable Development Goals.
Overview of the contest:
Question: What combinations of Climate CoLab proposals could help achieve multiple Sustainable Development Goals? Submit Proposals: https://climatecolab.org/contests/2017/exploring-synergistic-solutions-for-sustainable-development
Deadline: Sunday, Jan 07, 2018 at 20:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
We challenge participants to select and combine existing proposals on the Climate CoLab platform to develop new integrated proposals for achieving multiple SDGs. You are free to add additional actions (that are not on the platform) to make your integrated proposal more robust and achieve a greater number of SDGs.
You can search for Climate CoLab proposals using the following tools:
- Use Climate CoLab’s interactive taxonomy to find contests & proposals by category;
- Browse previous Climate CoLab winners;
- Browse by contest list;
- Use Climate CoLab’s search to find proposals by keyword.
Judges’ Choice and Popular Choice Winner(s) will:
- be invited to attend the official launch event for GEO-6 during the Fourth UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-4) in March 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya
- showcase their proposals to policy-makers, business leaders, Intergovernmental Organizations and other influential stakeholders at UNEA
- be recognized by the UN Environment’s Office of the Chief Scientist
- be given the unique opportunity to meet with the United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Environment
- be awarded one economy-class roundtrip airfare ticket, and a daily subsistence allowance to support their travel to Nairobi.
- receive wide recognition and visibility by MIT Climate CoLab.
Read mush more about the contest here.