Call for nominations: Best Doctoral Dissertation on agricultural economics in Africa
This news is redirected by The Secretariat for Development Cooperation at SCIENCE from The International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE).
Submissions for the IAAE 2018 Carl K. Eicher Award for Best Doctoral Dissertation
Family, friends and colleagues of the late Carl K. Eicher established a fund under the IAAE to support an award for the best doctoral dissertation in our discipline on Africa to honour his outstanding contributions to African agricultural research and education. The second award will be made at the International Conference of Agricultural Economists in Vancouver in July/August, 2018, and will consist of a cash prize and partial travel support to attend the conference. The IAAE is now calling for nominations for the award.
- Any Department of Agricultural Economics (under any name variant) or Department of Economics or allied discipline with a specialization in Agricultural Economics can present nominations.
- Nominations should be made by either the Chair of the Department or the principal Supervisor of the nominee.
- All doctoral dissertations relating to agricultural economics (according to the JEL classification) applied to an African problem (defined according the FAO classification of African countries) are eligible.
- Doctoral dissertations must have been completed during the years, 2015, 2016 or 2017.
- Each nomination must include a cover memo of a maximum of two pages on why the dissertation has been selected for nomination.
- Each nomination should include an electronic copy of the dissertation.
- Nominators MUST provide the IAAE with the name of a recognized Agricultural Economist who has agreed to serve as a member of the Review Committee to select the winning entry. Review Committee members will be asked to review three dissertations in the first round, and then to review the three dissertations that scored the highest in a second and final round.
- Nominations should be sent to the coordinator at email@example.com by midnight GMT on January 26th, 2018.
The Coordinator of the 2018 Carl K Eicher Award is Prof Jock R. Anderson, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA.