Funding: 2019-2020 Call for proposals on Biodiversity and Climate Change
This news is redirected by SCIENCE from BiodivErsA. Deadline for mandatory pre-proposals is on November 4.
BiodivERsA is pleased to announce the launch of its 2019-2020 Call on the theme: Biodiversity and Climate Change.
This call will cover the following four non-exclusive themes:
- Consequences of climate change on biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people
- Climate-biodiversity feedback processes
- Potential of nature-based solutions for mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Synergies and trade-offs between policies on biodiversity, climate and other relevant sectors, and the role of agents of change
Research teams will be invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible partners from minimum 3 countries participating in the call (including minimum two from EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
For applicants from the overseas: provided the criterion above is met (Partners from at least two different EU Member States or Associated Countries participating in the call), for proposals including Partners from outermost regions and overseas countries and territories participating in the call, if two outermost regions and overseas countries and territories are from the same country, these are counted as two participating countries (for the criteria: at least three different countries).
Proposals have to be exclusively written in English.
Looking for a partner or a project to join?
The research proposals will be evaluated across the following criteria:
- Fit to the scope of the call, novelty of the research and transnational added value at step 1 (pre-proposal stage);
- (Scientific) Excellence, quality and efficiency of the implementation and impact (including expected policy and/or societal impact and approach to stakeholder engagement) at step 2 (full proposal stage).
Get prepared by consulting:
34 funding organisations from 26 countries are joining this call and have reserved – together with the European Commission* – a total amount of over 26 Million Euro:
Austria (pending), Belgium, Brazil (Sao Paulo State), Brazil**, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany (pending), Greece, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal (pending), Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia and Turkey
* EC contribution is still tentative, pending on the signature of the Grant Agreement of the BiodivClim COFUND Action
** The following Brazilian States will participate in the call, with the support of CONFAP : Alagoas, Amazonas, Bahia, Distrito Federal, Espírito Santo, Goiás, Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Paraíba, Paraná, Pernambuco, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina
Please note that each research Partner in a project must comply with the eligibility criteria and rules of its funding organisation.
A two-step process will apply, with a mandatory submission of pre-proposals of projects at the first step and submission of full proposals at the second step, via an Electronic Proposal Submission System (EPSS).
> You can access the EPSS here <
- Launch of the call: Monday 02 September 2019
- Deadline for pre-proposals submission (mandatory): Tuesday 05 November 2019, 16:00 CET (local time in Brussels)
- Deadline for full-proposals submission: Tuesday 10 April 2020, 16:00 CEST (local time in Brussels)
Make sure to consult the complete announcement of opportunities and all supporting documents (call documents - see below). You can also consult the FAQ.
- For general information on the call, please contact the Call Secretariat: Céline Billière, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For specific questions related to the budget, criteria and rules of your funding organisation, please consult your Funding organisation’s rules and contact your FCP (available here).
- For technical questions regarding the EPSS, please contact the EPSS technical helpdesk: Taavi Tiirik, email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE
- Consult the complete call documents (including the scientific call text, more information on procedures, evaluation criteria, etc.)
- Consult the pre-proposal application form (.doc version) - for information only, submission of pre-proposals has to be done online only, via the EPSS.
- Consult the full proposal application form (.doc version) - for information only, submission of full proposals has to be done online only, via the EPSS.